Employers: FAQView Online
View All Testimonials
- What browsers are supported by this application?
- How do I use the Icons?
- I am a new user of the system, how do I navigate my way around?
- I am having problems logging into my account. What should I do?
- How do I change my account information?
- How do I post a job?
- How do I edit my job?
- In my Job Manager, what do the Copy, Delete, Renew, De-Activate and Re-Activate buttons do?
- How do I create a company profile?
- How do I include a logo in my company profile?
- How do I get better search results?
- What is a Candidate Alert and how does it work?
- How do I modify my Candidate Alerts?
- How many candidates can be emailed to another recruiter at once?
- When will my job be live on the site?
- I would like to post a job that has multiple locations. Can this be done?
- How do I make my job confidential so that the company name does not appear on the job?
- I have reached my job limit, my job package has expired or I would like more access to the Candidate database. Who do I contact?
- My job does not appear to be getting any responses, what is wrong?
- How can I find out how many times job seekers are viewing my jobs and how many job seekers have applied to my job postings?
- I would like to add a job I am posting to the National Jobs Database, how do I do that?
- Are all engineering/construction contractors and subcontractors subject to the laws enforced by OFCCP?
- I still have a question or problem not addressed here.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
1. What browsers are supported by this application?
Browsers that are supported are: Internet Explorer 7+, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and any other modern browser which is standards compliant.
2. How do I use the Icons?
3. I am a new user of the system, how do I navigate my way around?
Use the menu on the left side of the screen.
4. I am having problems logging into my account. What should I do?
- If you have forgotten your password, click on: "Forgot Password?"
- If you do not yet have an account, click on "Not a Member?"
- If your account is not found, is it possible you signed in under a different user name?
- Check to make sure you are in the right section. If you are an "Employer" you won’t be able to log into the "Job Seeker" section and vice versa.
- "Cookies" on your computer must be enabled. If you choose to register with us, our website utilizes cookies in order to maintain your session after you have logged in to our site. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer's hard drive which allow sites to 'remember' users across the pages of a site and across multiple visits to a site. Your web browser is most likely set to automatically accept cookies, but you can consult your browser help file if you wish to change these settings, or refer to our how to enable cookies guide.
5. How do I change my account information?
Click on Edit Profile to change your account information.
6. How do I post a job?
Select the “Job Manager” on the left menu tools or under the “My Account” tab.
7. How do I edit my job?
Within the “Job Manager” section, all posted jobs whether active, pending or inactive are listed. Find the job that you want to edit and click Edit next to that job. Make the changes you want and click on “Save Data”.
8. In my Job Manager, what do the Copy, Delete, Pending, De-Activate and Activate buttons do?
If an employer wants to copy a job they have posted, they can do this by checking the "copy" job button. You can delete a job by clicking the "delete" button next to the job post. Pending jobs reside in the pending folder within the Job Manager selection. These are jobs which have never been activated. Pending jobs will be deleted from the database if they are not activated within 30 days. Click the "Activate" button next to the job you wish to activate.
9. How do I create a company profile?
Your account profile has a section following your contact information which allows you to include information about your company, your company’s logo and a link to your website. Information included in this section will be available for display in your job posts. Click "Edit Profile" to access this section.
10. How do I include a logo in my company profile?
When logged in to your account click on “Edit Profile” and scroll down to the company logo section. The company logo box allows you to upload the logo from your computer. The logo will be automatically resized, if necessary.
11. How do I get better search results?
- Begin your search as broadly as possible and narrow it down as you go. Select as few options as possible on the first search. You might try beginning with one or two broad keywords. For instance, instead of 'estimator, commercial, hotel, ' plus radius search of 25 miles to your zip code, begin with 'estimator' plus either a wider radius search or just select the state of interest. Run the first search. When you get an idea of the range of results, narrow your results down by running the search again in a certain city or with an additional keyword or an additional option selected. Add options one by one to refine your search results.
- When searching for commonly abbreviated terms, try searching for both the abbreviation and the spelled out term - for instance, 'HR' and 'Human Resources'.
- Try leaving out special characters and punctuation
12. What is a Candidate Alert and how does it work?
A candidate alert notifies you when job seekers submit resumes for the site that match your search criteria. For example, after performing a resume search for all Project Manager candidates in your area, you can set up an alert that will notify you as new resumes matching the same criteria appear on the site.
13. How do I create, edit or delete Candidate Alerts?
Go into the "candidate alert" tool and select the appropriate button next to the alert you would like to edit.
14. How many candidates can be emailed to another person at one time?
A maximum of 200 candidate resumes can be sent at once. However we recommend not exceeding 10 at a time, as some email providers will not handle emails with too many attachments.
15. When will my job be live on the site?
Your job will go live immediately upon activation. Note that it takes up to 15 minutes for the job to be indexed for the job searching.
16. I would like to post a job that has multiple locations. Can this be done?
Yes, when editing a job posting, you can specify up to 5 distinct locations.
17. How do I make my job post confidential so that the company name does not appear on the job?
If you want all of your job posts to be confidential you can select "Hide Company Info" in your profile. However, you can override this option on a per job post basis if you want. You can go into each job post check the "Hide Company" box.
18. I have reached my job limit, my job package has expired or I would like more access to the Candidate database. Who do I contact?
You can purchase job posts directly online; however, if you are interested in resume searching or packages that include resume searching you must either call an account representative at 828.251.1344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. My job does not appear to be getting any responses, what is wrong?
If you have allowed candidates to apply by phone, fax, mail, email or through a link to your careers page our system will not track those candidates. Here are some things to consider in order to get the best response to your job post:
- Include the spelled out versions of abbreviated words and titles.
- Make sure the job title is a common industry title and not just specific to your company.
- Include more of the key words related to your job in your job description.
- Tell the candidates about your company; explain why they would want to work for you, what sets your company apart, advancement potential, etc.
20. How can I find out how many times job seekers haved viewed my jobs and how many job seekers have applied to my job postings?
When you are logged in, navigate to the "Response Report" page. You can find the “Response Report” folder on the left hand navigation menu.
21. I would like to add a job that I am posting to America's Job Bank, GoJobs.com, etc.; how do I do that?
Select the job that you want to be part of the National Jobs Database by clicking yes at the bottom of the job posting form.
22. Are all construction contractors and subcontractors subject to the laws enforced by OFCCP?
All contractors and subcontractors who hold a Federal or federally-assisted construction contract
in excess of $10,000 will be subject to regulatory requirements under one or more of the laws
enforced by OFCCP depending upon the amount of the contract. Once it has been determined that a
contractor or subcontractor is subject to OFCCP jurisdiction, the regulations implementing the
civil rights requirements enforced by OFCCP apply to all of the contractor's or subcontractor's
employees who are engaged in on site construction, including those construction employees who
work on a non-Federal or non-federally assisted construction site.
23. I still have a question or problem not addressed here.
Call 828.251.1344 or email email@example.com.