View All Testimonials
Our Chicago-based company remains a family owned and operated General Contractor, today. We currently maintain six major operating groups, including Power Transmission and Distribution, Tunneling, Commercial Building, Transportation, Underground and Construction Management Services. Our diverse organization provides career opportunities across the nation. We strive to make Kenny Construction company the safest choice for our clients and our employees, with dedication to attracting and retaining new and experienced talent in our industry.
We have acted as program manager and general contractor for a multi-decade tunnel and reservoir project off Lake Michigan and answered emergency calls to consult on project crises in Europe and Canada, making us a firm that can be relied on to safely deliver timely, economical, and effective results.
Safety is a way of life at Kenny. We are dedicated to providing safe work environments for our men and women while providing peace of mind for our clients partners and subcontractors. We have been recognized as a safety leader in our industry. Our most recent recognition is "Contractor of the Year" honors at the Inter-Traffic North America/American Road & Transportation Builders Annual Safety and Health Conference held in Fort Lauderdale, FL on October 12, 2007. Where we were selected the winners for the Contractor of the year In Self-Performing Category - Over 1 Million Man-Hours.
Kenny Construction Company was also the first General Contractor to be awarded the National Safety Council's Green Cross for Safety Award and has received numerous AGC Build America Awards for their unique contributions to the construction industry over the past two decades. Our firm frequently participates in construction joint ventures in multiple markets, sharing risks and combining financial, technical, and other talents and resources to guarantee success.
Today, just as we did in the '20s and '30s, we view every project as simply a problem that needs to be solved, logically, efficiently, and quickly. And with that in mind, we pour our full resources into every project, and pledges to every client, and every partner that it will deliver only the highest standards of quality and responsiveness. Kenny has now brought into its ninth decade a solid record of continuing growth and expansion still fueled by the very passion that started it all. http://www.kennyconstruction.com
Company: Kenny Construction
Columbus, Ohio, 43085, United States
Ohio, United States
Job Title: Safety Manager II
Reports to: Group/Regional Safety Mgr.
Salary Grade: 15
Approved by: (sign & date) Bob Johnson
EEO 1/Group: July, 2012 FLSA: Exempt
The position, in concurrence with the Group/Regional Safety Manager, is responsible for developing and managing the accident prevention program, and the corresponding laws that relate to the safety of our work, for an assigned area office in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Accountabilities
• Administer, direct and manage compliance with the company safety program and local accident prevention efforts to ensure company safety goals are met. This includes the authority and ability to change and/or adjust work procedures as may be required to insure the safety of affected employees and the general public.
• Develop, organize and implement safety related programs that meet or exceed company safety standards. This includes the ability to make independent judgments concerning the general safety of our work.
• Initiate, perform and document jobsite inspections and audits with special emphasis on hazard recognition, unsafe behaviors and correction of potential third party, asset loss and workers compensation losses. This necessitates the ability to think independently, communicate thoroughly and facilitate the implementation of corrections/behaviors.
• Initiate, coordinate and conduct safety meetings and training programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy and safety standards.
• Coordinate and participate in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Coordinate and control the development and review of job hazard analysis for each major phase of our work to ensure its safe completion. This includes assessing the need for and facilitating the training for each JHA as may be required.
• Investigate, prepare and maintain a record of all third party, asset loss and workers compensation claims to make certain that the interests of the company are preserved.
• Follow up with the corporate insurance department as regards insurance claims, to ensure that documentary information has been collected, secured, and preserved so that claims will be resolved in a timely manner. As may be required at the local office, this includes the authority and ability to represent and/or negotiate the settlement of certain loss related claims.
Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field or,
• Minimum 10 years experience in construction or related safety environment, required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Extensive knowledge of Fall Protection and MUTCD standards, and DOT regulations.
• Extensive knowledge of Construction Safety Orders.
• Working knowledge of OSHA, MSHA and other state and federal agency guidelines.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to teach, mentor and lead.
• Ability to work in high production environment (50+ hours/week, including nights and weekends are expected) and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
• Ability to make independent judgments to manage and facilitate company programs/policies as they relate to the safety of our work
• Ability to lift 50 lbs from the floor to the waist.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders in construction/plant environment.
• Vision of at least 20/30 Snellen in one eye and 20/50 in the other, with or without corrective lenses.
• Adequate hearing, with or without a hearing aid.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to abide by and enforce Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
• Ability to instruct front line supervisors in the details of the work they perform (by enforcement) to improve safety performance
• Bi-lingual preferred
Job Posted: 1 Week Old
Position: Full Time
Start Date: Not Specified