View All Testimonials
Herzog Contracting Corp. has enjoyed constant growth since it began operation in 1969 as a regional Heavy/Highway contracting company.
The key factor in Herzog's growth and stability is it's young, aggressive management team. This team has grown up in the industry and applies a cost effective and timely approach to the completion of each project. http://www.herzogcompanies.com/
Company: Herzog Contracting Corp.
Toronto, Ontario, M4B 1B3, Canada
Herzog companies were founded in 1969, primarily for asphalt paving and airport construction in the Midwest. The Herzog companies now specialize in Railroad Construction, Transit Services, Civil Construction and Railroad Services nationwide.
Herzog’s top level commitment to the safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve has resulted in a more cost effective and competitive organization. Herzog has been recognized and received numerous awards for outstanding safety performance.
Herzog Contracting of Canada, Ltd. is currently seeking a Safety Officer for the Toronto York Spadina Subway Extension, Track Work Installation Project through Herzog/Delta Joint Venture. The project duration is 2 years.
- Conduct investigations
- Initiate safety improvements
- Develop and maintain health, safety and environmental policies and programs
- Develop, provide and coordinate training
- Prepare accident reports
- Promote safety and increase awareness and education on safety procedures and responsibilities
- Perform worksite safety inspections
- Be responsible for safety orientation, job site inspections and accident/injury reports
- Organize and conduct training programs including but not limited to: WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid
- Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to safety procedures and escalate issues to resolution
- Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them
- Strong knowledge of occupational health, safety legislation and Ministry of Labour (Ontario regulations)
- Familiar with the operations and services available from the Ontario Ministry of Labour (WSIB, Safe at Work Ontario), the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association
- Knowledge of construction practices
- Strong leadership skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Training and presentation skills
- Related experience in Construction Occupational Health, Safety, Security and Environmental fields.
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation guidelines and return to work programs
- Current in all training certifications required by the Ministry of Labour (Ontario Regulations) for a Construction Health and Safety Representative.
Herzog Contracting of Canada, Ltd. offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Herzog Contracting of Canada, Ltd. is an Equal Equity Employer
Job Posted: Less Than 1 Week
Position: Full Time
Education: No Preference
Start Date: Not Specified
Salary: To Be Decided
Herzog Contracting Corp.