View All Testimonials
Company: Herzog Railroad Services
Herzog Railroad Services of Canada encompasses a wide range of railroad service needs with a a focus on ensuring safe and reliable railways for the public and for the movement of goods and services. Our breadth of experience and exposure has given us the skills and knowledge to give customers and owners what they want. This experience, coupled with a highly qualified team of leading industry professionals, has provided us the capacity to solve complex projects in challenging operating enviornments.
Herzog’s top level commitment to the safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve has resulted in a more cost effective and competitive organization. Herzog has been recognized and received numerous awards for outstanding safety performance.
For more information on Herzog Railroad Services Inc. please visit www.hrsi.com
Herzog Railroad Services Inc. is currently seeking experienced equipment operators for Herzog's Multi Purpose Machines (MPM) and various equipment on Class 1 Railroads stretching across all Canadian Provinces. The ideal candidate will have trackhoe equipment operating experience(required) as well as Railroad experience(not required). The operator will be paid hourly and will be reimbursed for travel expenses. The salary is negotiable based on experience. Paid training is provided.
Description of responsibilities:
· Major Work Area: Maintenance, Repair
· Specific Skills: Operate machines and equipment, patrol assigned track sections, clean and make minor repairs to machines and equipment
· Security and Safety: Criminal record check, Driver's validity license check
· Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots and gloves
· Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, physically demanding, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, and combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, and kneeling
· Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Dangerous, Noisy
· Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver's license, own transportation, own vehicle, willing to travel, willing to travel for extended periods, travel expenses paid by employer
· Work Location Information: All Provinces, remote locations at times.
· Essential Skills: Trackhoe operating experience, reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, oral communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory, finding information, computer use, continuous learning
· Ideal candidate should have previous trackhoe operating and mechanical experience including electrical and hydraulic. Railroad experience preferred but not required.
· Extensive travel required.
· Candidate must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Physical and Drug Screening.
· Background Check.
If you are interested in applying for this position click the Apply button below.
Herzog Railroad Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Posted: 3 Weeks Old
Position: Full Time
Education: High School
Start Date: Not Specified
Job Reference: 10967
Herzog Railroad Services