View All Testimonials
As a North America-based, international company, we are able to offer clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Chicago, Illinois, 60603, United States
|Project Location(s):||CHICAGO IL US , 60603|
|Minimum Years Experience:|
|Travel Involved:||None/Not Specified|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Job Family:||Human Resources|
Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employment, benefits, performance management, employee relations, training, Federal and State regulatory compliance. Assists in creating an environment conducive to developing and differentiating talent, and fostering diversity, creativity and excellence in people. Geographic scope of responsibilities includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ontario, Canada.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities|
1. Partners with employees and management to communicate and administer various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations, for both U.S. and Canada.
2. Coordinates recruitment efforts for the Region including college recruiting program, interns, and experienced hires. Attend local job fairs.
3. Reviews applications and perform preliminary screening of applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements. Manage the scheduling and logistics of interviews between candidates and hiring managers.
4. Coordinate and track Canadian personnel records including but not limited work permit applications and renewals.
5. Conducts new-employee orientations; facilitates on-boarding process for all new hires including the implementation and coordination of the transitions coach program and indoctrination program for experienced hires.
6. Facilitates and/or provides training to the workforce.
7. Monitors and coordinates employee engagement activities such as employee surveys, follow-up activities based on survey results, administers employee transition forms, and implements employee recognition programs.
8. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
9. Performs benefits administration to include employee claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
10. Coordinates FMLA, STD & LTD leave programs.
11. At the direction of the HRD and Community Affairs Director, implements and maintains affirmative action procedures; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to DOL and OFCCP regulations.
12. Assists HRD/HRM in resolution of sensitive employee relations matters.
1. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, or a related field.
2. Five+ years of experience in Human Resources administration.
3. Must have functional knowledge of database software; human resource systems; Internet software; payroll systems; Microsoft Office suite and use of common office and computer equipment.
4. Must be able to travel within the region a few times a month. Minimal overnight travel required.
5. Ability to read, interpret, and implement policies and procedures.
6. Some knowledge of international employment activities related to Canadian record-keeping and compliance preferred.
7. Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
8. Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
9. Have good follow-through, work independently, and use good judgment.
10. Must have a strong attention to detail and good proof-reading skills.
11. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
12. Must be able to work as part of team.
13. HRCI certified preferred.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:|
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
TURNER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Job Posted: Less Than 1 Week
Position: Full Time
Start Date: Not Specified
Job Reference: 5621