View All Testimonials
Company: RailWorks Corporation
Minooka, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job Responsibilities:Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Sets up heavy construction equipment.
• Operates equipment to grade or redistribute earth.
• Operates equipment to move, load, or unload material.
• Installs equipment or attachments on machinery or related structures.
• Signals directions or warnings to coworkers.
• Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
• Performs equipment safety and maintenance checks.
• Coordinates machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
• Locates underground services, such as pipes and wires, prior to beginning work.
• Repairs and maintains equipment, making emergency adjustments as necessary.
• Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects.
• Studies instructions, plans, and diagrams to establish work requirements
Job Qualifications:Required Skills and Qualifications
• A minimum of one year experience operating heavy equipment in a construction environment.
• A valid Commercial Driver’s License and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
• Ability to read and understand construction specifications.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Physical RequirementsPhysical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Works at construction sites.
• Uses hands to handle and control materials, tools and vehicle controls.
• Sits for long periods of time in a closed vehicle.
• Uses repetitive motions.
Job Posted: 1 Month Old
Position: Full Time
Start Date: Not Specified
Job Reference: 20131115-40801-001