View All Testimonials
Company: Herzog Railroad Services
Job Description: MPM Mechanic
Herzog Railroad Services of Canada is currently taking applications for an MPM Mechanic. This exceptional career opportunity is ideally suited for a motivated individual who will be part of an industry leading technology based team that provides a unique and specialized service to our customers. This position is paid a very competitive annual salary, a very generous per diem while traveling and a company health benefits package is also included. Each technician is supplied with a company vehicle and mobile phone. Our technicians travel throughout Canada and must have the ability to travel to the US to our corporate head office for training purposes. At Herzog we go the extra mile to meet our customers’ needs and we are looking for individuals who are interested in being part of an industry leading team that is constantly working at improving our ability to provide top notch service for our clients. If you are interested in a career with Herzog see below for more information and to apply.
Herzog encompasses a wide range of railroad service needs with a focus on ensuring safe and reliable railways for the public and for the movement of goods and services. Our breadth of experience and exposure has given us the skills and knowledge to give customers and owners what they want. This experience, coupled with a highly qualified team of leading industry professionals, has provided us the capacity to solve complex projects in challenging operating environments. Herzog’s top level commitment to the safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve has resulted in a more cost effective and competitive organization. Herzog has been recognized and received numerous awards for outstanding safety performance.
Description of responsibilities:
- Supports all labor activity involved in inspecting, rebuilding, and repairing railcars.
- Day to day tasks vary between building a machine or in the field repair.
- Welding, electrical, and hydraulic work on railroad equipment.
- Perform railcar inspections and repairs to FRA & AAR guidelines and customer requirements.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repair of equipment as required.
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner.
- Travel to customer location as needed
- Experience with electrical, diesel mechanics, welding, and hydraulics is a must.
- Previous railcar repair experience is preferred but will train the right candidate.
- Previous locomotive maintenance experience preferred but not required.
- Must provide basic hand tools.
- Experience with computers is a plus and basic computer use is required.
- Railroad experience is a plus but not required.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must provide steel toe boots (safety vest, glasses and hardhat provided)
- Must be able to cover travel expenses (if required) until 1st paycheck is processed (approximately 7-10 after start date)
- Work in extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces over sometimes great distances; frequently climb on/off equipment; climb ladders frequently
- Use hands to perform activities involving grasping, turning, holding and pulling
- Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow; hear and distinguish auditory signals
- Able to work in conditions with loud noise; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand and sit for extended time; and use hand tools
- Exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
- Background check and criminal history review
- Valid driver’s license
- Driving abstract review
- Pre-employment physical and medical evaluation required
- Drug screening
- High School Diploma
Along with competitive salary and travel allowance, Herzog provides a supplemental benefits package.
For more information and to apply please visit www.hrscl.ca (careers tab).
Herzog Railroad Services of Canada, Ltd is an equal equity employer
Job Posted: 1 Week Old
Position: Full Time
Education: High School
Start Date: Not Specified
Job Reference: 18646
Herzog Railroad Services