Job Seekers: FAQView Online
View All Testimonials
- What do the icons represent?
- I am having trouble logging in. What should I do?
- How do I change my name, password or email address?
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I update/change my resume?
- Can I tell which employers have accessed my resume off of the searchable database?
- What options do I have regarding confidentiality for my resume or application?
- What is the difference between making my resume nonsearchable and deactivating my resume?
- Why can't I use my ConstructionJobs.com login to apply to this job?
- What is a Job Alert?
- How do I create, edit or delete my Job Alert (email Job Match Notification)?
- Why am I not receiving my job alerts?
- How do I get better search results?
- What is an eFax?
- How Does a Resume Upgrade work?
- How do I cancel my Front of the Line subscription?
- My question or problem isn't addressed on this page.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do the icons represent?
2. I am having trouble logging in. What should I do?
- If you have forgotten your password, click on: "Forgot Password?"
- If you do not yet have an account, click on "Not A Member?"
- If your account is not found, is it possible you signed in under a different user name?
- Check to make sure you are in the right section. If you are a "Job Seeker" you won’t be able to log into the "Employer" section and vice versa.
- "Cookies" on your computer must be enabled. If you choose to register with us, our website utilizes cookies in order to maintain your session after you have logged in to our site. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer's hard drive which allow sites to 'remember' users across the pages of a site and across multiple visits to a site. Your web browser is most likely set to automatically accept cookies, but you can consult your browser help file if you wish to change these settings, or refer to our how to enable cookies guide.
3. How do I change my name, password or email address?
After you have logged in, go to “Edit Profile” make the changes you want and save.
4. How do I delete my account?
Since you have gone to the trouble of posting your resume and cover letter, you may want to consider making your resume inaccessible to employers and accessible only to you by making your resume non-searchable before you decide to delete your account. If you are certain you no longer wish to have an account with us, there is an option at the bottom of the "Edit Profile" page to "Permanently Delete Account".
5. How do I update/change my resume?
After logging into your account, go into "Resume Builder". Make the necessary changes and save your changes by clicking on "Save and Activate Resume."
6. Can I tell which employers have accessed my resume off of the searchable database?
We do not track who has seen your resume. Our subscribing employers have expressed their desire to remain anonymous and we honor this request. The employers will contact you if your qualifications meet their needs.
7. What options do I have regarding confidentiality for my resume or application?
You have four options when storing your resume on our website: You can make it completely public with all contact information available to employers; you can make it confidential which will not show your contact information, but will be searchable in the database; you can remove your resume from the searchable database by making your resume "nonsearchable", ; or you can delete your resume completely.
- Make Searchable - Selecting this option will make all of your contact information and work experience viewable by employers.
- Make Confidential - Selecting this option will make your resume searchable by employers but they will not be able to see your contact information or present employer. Employers will be able to contact you by routing an email through our site that we forward to your email address. It's your choice to contact the employer. If you choose to copy and paste your resume, make sure that your contact information does not appear in the body of your resume.
- Make Resume Non-Searchable - Your resume will be taken offline so that employers are unable to search for it. However, your resume will still remain in our database so that you can still send it to the employers you choose by clicking the Apply Online option on any job description. Make confidential is a good option if you want to apply to a specific position without being contacted by other employers who have found your resume online. If in the future you do want your resume to be searched by all employers, simply change your confidentiality setting.
- Delete This Resume - Deleting your resume completely removes it from our system. This will also remove any previous job applications.
8. What is the difference between making my resume nonsearchable and deactivating my resume?
Making your resume nonsearchable allows you to apply to jobs but your resume will not be in the employers' resume database. If you deactivate your resume, you will not be able to apply to any jobs.
9. Why can't I use my ConstructionJobs.com login to apply to this job?
There are two 'types' of apply processes. Some of the employers have chosen to use our website's application process and some employers have chosen to use their own application process.
In the case where an employer is using our website's application process, you will find a link at the bottom of the job that says "Apply Now". When you click on this Apply Now, you will be taken to an 'apply screen'. If you have previously created a stored resume on our site, you may enter your login information at the top of this screen and it will send your resume to the employer. If you have NOT created a stored resume, enter the required information into the provided fields and click 'Submit Resume'.
In the case where an employer has chosen to use their own application process, the link or button will appear in their ad. There is no standard placement or appearance for that link as the 'look' of the ad is left to the individual employer's discretion. You will not be able to use your ConstructionJobs.com login information for these apply processes.
10. What is a Job Alert?
A Job Alert notifies you when job posts are added to the site, that match your profile.
11. How do I create, edit or delete my Job Alert (email Job Match Notification)?
To create a Job Alert click the “Job Alerts” button in the account menu. Then select "Create New Search". You can "Turn Your Email Notification" off by going to "Job Alerts" and clicking on the Enable Email Alert button. You can edit your alert by going into Job Alerts then clicking on "Edit" making the changes you want and clicking "Save."
12. Why am I not receiving my job alerts?
From time to time we experience difficulty sending email to Hotmail, MSN Live, Yahoo, AT&T or any of its subsidiaries. Additionally, it is possible that you may have made your search too specific, which will reduce the number of jobs that match your search criteria.
13. How do I get better search results?
- Begin your search as broadly as possible and narrow it down as you go. Select as few options as possible on the first search. You might try beginning with one or two broad keywords. For instance, instead of ' estimator, commercial, hotel, ' plus radius search of 25 miles to your zip code, begin with 'estimator' plus either a wider radius search or just select the state of interest. You may wish to choose to search Job Descriptions instead of Job Titles or leave the city and radius blank. Run the first search. When you get an idea of the range of results, narrow your results down by running the search again in a certain city or with an additional keyword or an additional option selected. Add options one by one until you end up with the best set of results.
- When searching for commonly abbreviated terms, try searching for both the abbreviation and the spelled out term - for instance, 'HR' and 'Human Resources'.
- Try leaving out special characters and punctuation
14. What is an eFax?
Companies use this feature as a convenience to you. You can print out a fax cover sheet and not have to worry about a busy fax signal, lost faxes, machines out of paper and the cost to send an out-of-area fax. This feature makes it easy to send your resume by fax.
15. How does a Resume Upgrade work?
Purchasing a Resume Upgrade will increase the visibility of your resume to employers by over 90%. Employers see more and more job seekers on the market every day. You need all the advantages you can get.
Job seekers who purchase this upgrade are assured that their resumes will be seen first and are highlighted to further enhance their visibility. This allows you to stand out from the crowd! Additionally we automatically refresh your resume monthly as long as you continue to subscribe to this upgrade so employers see your resume as a newly submitted resume.
See the difference:
Additionally, this upgrade enables you to prepare multiple active resumes allowing you to feature specific qualifications targeting employers' specific needs. An application feature allows you to quickly view all the applications you have submitted through ConstructionJobs.com and see the status of the job posting.
This upgrade also provides you with the ability to set up multiple job alerts, job folders and search templates.
All of these features are available for as little as $5.00 per month.
Stand out from the crowd! Get the exposure you need!
16. How do I cancel my Front of the Line Subscription?
After you login to your account, there is a "Front of the Line Exclusives" tab in the left hand navigation section. Click on that tab and Cancel your subscription.
17. My question or problem isn't addressed on this page.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org