Title: Civil Rights Specialist - Richmond District
State Role Title: Program Admin Specialist I
Hiring Range: $55,219 - $89,731
Pay Band: 4
Agency: VA Dept of Transportation
Location: Richmond District Office
Agency Website: https://www.virginiadot.org/
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Civil Rights Division is seeking a Civil Rights Specialist in the Richmond District VDOT Office located in Colonial Heights, VA to assist in development and implementation of all Equal Opportunity/Civil Rights Programs pertaining to Equal Employment/Equal Access, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, American with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1991, Environmental Justice, Limited English Proficiency, On the Job Training and Labor Compliance.
As a Civil Rights Specialist, you will be responsible for district contract compliance programs; reviewing of construction files for EEO/DBE program documentation; assist in the administration, development and implementation of the district civil rights programs; provide technical support and guidance to contractors, project inspectors and general public; investigate complaints of allegations in violation of the Civil Rights laws; provide conclusions and recommendations based on relevant policies and law; and work independently within a broad scope of the civil rights programs.
• Working knowledge of federal and state EEO and labor laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel management and related laws, rules and regulations.
• Ability to facilitate the resolution of internal human relations issues relative to EO causes.
• Ability to provide policy guidance and information to management and employees.
• Experience in contract interpretation and working knowledge of highway construction related activities and industry practices.
• Ability to independently plan, direct, implement and monitor program areas.
• Ability to conduct detailed investigations for compliance and prepare specialized reports for distribution.
• Ability to analyze program data or complex issues, reach logical conclusions and make recommendations, and work effectively with diverse groups.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to use computers with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
A combination of training, experience, or education in the business, human resources, public policy or related field is desired. Experience managing a business office. Experience with Equal Opportunity related issues and concerns. Experience working within highway construction environment.
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
Once onboarded, this position may be eligible for telework opportunities; availability, hours, and duration of telework shall be approved as outlined in the Commonwealth telework policy.
We are a “Virginia Values Veterans” (V3) official certified company and state agency that provides hiring preference to Veterans and Members of the Virginia National Guard in support of Executive Order 29, (2010). If you are a Veteran or Virginia National Guard Member, we urge you to respond accordingly on your state application.
VDOT utilizes a market-based pay program, which has been approved by DHRM. Therefore, advertised rates of pay may or may not align with the Commonwealth pay bands.
Additional positions may be filled from this recruitment within 90 days.
VDOT is an emergency operation agency. As such, this job is essential to emergency response operations and expected to work in these situations, to include weekends, holidays, and after normal business hours; assignments may vary based on business needs to include working in severe weather.
This position requires a fingerprint based Criminal History Background Check, DMV Record Check and Work History Verification with references.
Name: Audrey Phillips
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Colonial Heights, VA USA
Colonial Heights, VA USA