About the Company:
One of the New York Metropolitan area’s foremost heavy civil construction companies for over 50 years, with major infrastructure contracts for tunnels, mass transit and subway projects, bridges and highways, deep foundations, marine work, and water treatment plants. They employ a solid foundation of ambitious and dedicated construction workers, managers and engineers who enjoy a stable career with an exciting and flourishing organization.
About the Position:
Hiring for a Superintendent, responsible for on-site supervision of assigned project work and liaison between departments and workforce to ensure project compliance with contract drawings and specifications. Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work schedule for assigned project work. Reviews daily work schedule with direct reports and updates weekly schedule from project feedback. Reviews and understands the project specifications to support job set up activities. Works with work crews, field engineers and local utility companies to identify hazardous areas on job site. Forecasts the work schedule to identify possible issues and provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate production issues. Provides technical input to identify and resolve project risks including construction methods, work plan and material requirements, safety, and schedule activities. Documents daily activities and meeting notes using Company approved document methods.
• 5+ years of Superintendent experience required.
• Bachelor's Degree a plus.
• Ability to coach and mentor staff
• Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and maintenance requirements.
• Advanced knowledge of construction site safety protocols and proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
• Knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage rules.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards and contract specific plans and specifications.