Title: Electronics Manager ITS
State Role Title: Electronics Manager I
Hiring Range: $62,155 - $101,002
Pay Band: 5
Agency: VA Dept of Transportation
Location: Staunton District Office
Agency Website: https://www.vdot.virginia.gov/
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
What drives you? Whether it’s knowing the work you do makes a difference, having great work/life balance, working on exciting and challenging projects, leading innovation, and championing change or simply working with a great group of people who are committed to your professional development...At the Virginia Department of Transportation, we have something for YOU!
VDOT's Staunton District Traffic Maintenance section is seeking a highly qualified Electronics Manager ITS (Intelligent Technology Systems) to join their team. As the qualified candidate you will be responsible for multiple program areas including Traffic Signal Maintenance, Roadway Lighting Maintenance, ITS Device Maintenance, and OT Device Communications Maintenance. You will manage an operations technology maintenance program and the team of field technicians and contract monitors to ensure device operability and reliability. Specifically, you will:
• Oversee and develop work processes and the team to ensure timely work order response, completions, and OT (Operations Technology) maintenance system data updates and accuracy.
• Oversee processes of maintenance installation, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and maintenance replacements and upgrades.
• Ensure TOC (Traffic Operations Center) needs are met for working ITS devices, deployment of portable/temporary devices for special events, projects, and incidents (CCTV - Closed Circuit Television, CMS - Changeable Message Sign), RWIS - Road Weather Information Station, PCMS - Portable Changeable Message Sign)
• Lead the team of contracted and state for OT device maintenance technicians and oversee maintenance contract performance.
• Determine efficient blend of work responsibilities for state forces vs. contract work
• Serve as a contract monitor for statewide OT device maintenance contract(s); responsible for required contract audits, task order initiation and approvals, required reporting and monthly invoicing review and approval, and the inspection of work.
• Assist DOMM (District Operations Maintenance Manager) with development of annual budget and spend plan for area of responsibility; monitors and manages budget expenditures to required targets.
• Serves as OT device ancillary structure maintenance and repairs point of contact for response and repairs.
• Communicate effectively with the public concerning operations and problems with traffic signals. Communicate and interact with the police department concerning traffic signal work and repairs.
• Oversee regional design and construction activities for ITS & lighting: Research new technologies and devices to components. Oversee equipment procurement process through coordination with project team or other means. Monitor contract compliance and resolve issues. Provide for the inspection of new installations.
• Manage assigned program activities: Direct technical staff engaged in testing, monitoring, diagnosing and repairing control room and field equipment. Oversee preventative maintenance (PM) operations and ensure PM schedules are met. Oversee troubleshooting, repairs, testing and failure assessments.
• Manage regional ITS, lighting, and communications systems: Maintain field device configurations. Facilitate continued improvement and upgrades throughout the ITS and lighting and communications systems (i.e. fiber optic and wireless) at TOC and field device locations. Develop and implement contingency plans in the event of system or equipment failure.
• Experience applying federal and state regulations related to electrical and electronic devices, maintenance, troubleshooting and operations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Valid driver's license.
• Experience in the areas of electrical and electronic systems analysis and maintenance.
• Knowledge of the design of computer hardware and software systems, telecommunications and network configurations.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information orally and in writing.
• Experience maintaining detailed and accurate records.
• Experience supervising staff and programs to include the ability to plan, coordinate and prioritize multiple assignments and competing priorities.
• Project management experience with electronic or information technology systems.
• Experience with traffic management systems. Supervisory experience involving oversight of technical work groups.
• Experience with ITS and Systems Management maintenance and operations to include computer and communication technologies associated with transportation systems.
• A combination of training, experience or education in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electronics or related field desired.
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
We are a “Virginia Values Veterans” (V3) official certified company and state agency that provides hiring preference to Veterans and Members of the Virginia National Guard in support of Executive Order 29, (2010). If you are a Veteran or Virginia National Guard Member, we urge you to respond accordingly on your state application. VDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit “Information for VDOT Employees and Applicants” at: http://www.virginiadot.org/jobs/information_for_employees.asp
We have Shared Values and a Code of Ethics which may be viewed at www.Virginiadot.org/about. Your success in our organization depends upon modelling these values, therefore please to review them and, if in agreement, we welcome you to apply.
In addition to a rewarding work experience, VDOT offers excellent health and life insurance benefits, pre-tax spending accounts, state funded Short and Long Term Disability, paid holidays, vacation, tuition assistance, free wellness programs, and a state retirement plan with options for tax-deferred retirement savings including employer matching.
Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
VDOT utilizes a market-based pay program, which has been approved by DHRM. Therefore, advertised rates of pay may or may not align with the Commonwealth pay bands.
State applications will only be accepted as submitted online by 11:55 pm on the closing date through the PageUp System. State applications submitted via email, postal mail, fax, or in person will not be considered. Applicants are expected to fully represent qualifications and work history on the State application and or resume. The decision to interview an applicant is based on the information provided on the application, therefore, it is essential to fully complete each section of the application and provide detailed information. Submitting an incomplete state application, or a state application lacking in detail, may impact your interview eligibility.
Name: Ciara Diehl
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Staunton, VA USA
Staunton, VA USA