Title: Engineer Techinican Senior-Traffic
State Role Title: Engineering Technician III
Hiring Range: $52,196-$84,819
Pay Band: 4
Agency: VA Dept of Transportation
Location: Richmond District Office
Agency Website: www.virginiadot.org/jobs
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
VDOT Richmond District Operations is seeking a highly qualified individual to join the Traffic Design group to conduct routine to complex traffic engineering, safety, and operational studies to provide an efficient and safe highway system for the traveling public. Collect and evaluate data, document field conditions, and develop recommendations for improvements. Prepare sketches and designs using software applications. Conduct traffic engineering plan reviews.
"In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your resume."
In addition to a rewarding work experience, VDOT offers excellent health and life insurance benefits, pre-tax spending accounts, state funded short and long term disability, paid holidays, vacation, tuition assistance, free wellness programs, and a state retirement plan with options for tax-deferred retirement savings including employer matching.
We are a “Virginia Values Veterans” (V3) official certified company and state agency that provides hiring preference to Veterans and Members of the Virginia National Guard in support of Executive Order 29, (2010). If you are a Veteran or Virginia National Guard Member, we urge you to respond accordingly on your state application.
We have Shared Values and a Code of Ethics: your success in our organization depends upon modeling these values, therefore please access the following link: https://www.virginiadot.org/about/missionandvalues.asp to review them and, if in agreement, we welcome you to apply.
• Skill in the use of computers and software and web-based applications to include MS Office
• Knowledge of traffic engineering principles, standards, regulations, and practices
• Experience in traffic engineering studies, data collection and analysis or design
• Ability to work effectively with others on technical issues.
• Knowledge of roadway safety and traffic engineering rules, regulations, specifications, and guidelines.
• Ability to read and interpret road construction plans and to prepare sketches and diagrams.
• Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze a variety of technical data and develop findings and recommendations.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers.
• Ability to monitor or inspect work performed by others and provide technical training and guidance.
• Familiarity with MUTCD, Virginia Work Area Protection Manual, highway Capacity Manual and VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications
• A combination of training, experience or education in Civil Engineering or related field desired.
• Experience in traffic engineering studies, data collection and analysis, or design
• Guardrail Installation Training (GRIT) certification
• Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control Training certification
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
State applications will only be accepted as submitted online by 11:55 pm on the closing date through the PageUp System. State applications submitted via email, postal mail, fax, or in person will not be considered. Applicants are expected to fully represent qualifications and work history on the State application and or resume. The decision to interview an applicant is based on the information provided on the application, therefore, it is essential to fully complete each section of the application and provide detailed information. Submitting an incomplete state application, or a state application lacking in detail, may impact your interview eligibility.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice. For more information about our employment practices, please visit “Information for VDOT Employees and Applicants”: http://www.virginiadot.org/jobs/information_for_employees.asp.
“VDOT utilizes a market based pay program, which has been approved by DHRM. Therefore, advertised rates of pay may or may not align with the Commonwealth pay bands.”
Name: Maureen Paciello
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Colonial Heights, VA USA
Colonial Heights, VA USA