Title: Program Analyst Hourly
State Role Title: Prog Admin Specialist II
Hiring Range: $30.76 - $49.99
Pay Band: 5
Agency: VA Dept of Transportation
Location: Hampton Roads District Office
Agency Website: jobs.virginia.gov
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
This is an hourly/wage position and is limited to 1500 hours to average 29 hours per week in a 12 month period. This position does not include the state benefit package.
As a VDOT Program Management Analyst Closeout, you will:
• Work with PMs to develop plans for corrective
action to address concerns with project charges by
preparing and processing journal vouchers.
• Coordinate with Urban Project Managers,
Coordinators and Fiscal Tech to confirm financial
information related to projects.
• Conduct phase and project closeout for VDOT and
Locally Administered Program.
• Assists with tasks to meet deadlines related to
Federal Management requests.
• Assists with business coordination and training
• Complete special projects and assignments as
requested by leadership. Perform other duties as
VDOT is an emergency response agency, therefore you will work outside of normal work hours during emergency operations.
We are a “Virginia Values Veterans” (V3) official certified company and state agency that provides hiring preference to Veterans and Members of the Virginia National Guard in support of Executive Order 29, (2010). If you are a Veteran or Virginia National Guard Member, we urge you to respond accordingly on your state application. VDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit “Information for VDOT Employees and Applicants” at: http://www.virginiadot.org/jobs/information_for_employees.asp
We have Shared Values and a Code of Ethics. Your success in our organization depends upon modelling these values, therefore please click here to review them and, if in agreement, we welcome you to apply. In addition to a rewarding work experience,
Additional vacancies may be filled from this recruitment.
• Knowledge of highway funding programs, allocations and budget process.
• Knowledge of financial accounting systems or other financial systems.
• Ability to evaluate programming of transportation funding and monitoring.
• Ability to apply policies and procedures.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and prepare and maintain accurate reports and records.
• Ability to perform detailed work with program and project funding, expenditures and billing data.
• Ability to effectively manage time and work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with individuals or small groups.
• Skill in the use of computers and software applications to include spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, databases and automated program and project management systems.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
• Experience in accounting, business or related field.
• Knowledge of VDOT’s accounting, program and project management systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
• References and verification of work history
• DMV Records Check
• Fingerprint-based criminal history records check
Name: Jennifer Bott
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Suffolk, VA USA
Suffolk, VA USA