Title: Program Management Specialist Senior Supervisor
State Role Title: Prog Admin Spec III
Hiring Range: $81,375 - $132,235
Pay Band: 6
Agency: VA Dept of Transportation
Location: Richmond District Office
Agency Website: www.virginiadot.org/jobs
Recruitment Type: General Public - G
Are you driven by program oversight, financial stewardship, and a collaboration? VDOT has an exciting career opportunity for you! The Richmond District Program and Investment Planning Group is seeking an individual to manage and provide leadership to direct reports to ensure effective use of federal and state transportation funds while complying with federal and state regulations and policies. Lead district participation in the development and management of the Six Year Improvement Program (SYIP). Advise external stakeholders on funding opportunities and strategy. Coordinate with Central Office divisions and district sections to ensure financial health of projects, system data quality and proper reimbursement of project expenditures.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide budget oversight approval and manage programming staff responsible for processing locally administered project reimbursement submissions.
• Serve as the primary VDOT liaison with elected and appointed local, state and federal officials by coordinating and communicating development of the Urban System, Secondary System, and special funded programs of interest to local governments.
• Identify projects and use allocations in accordance with required timelines. Prepare Project Administration Agreements for both VDOT and locally administered projects and monitor projects.
• Provide direction to local government staff regarding VDOT's policies, procedures and processes, as well as understanding of federal requirements on projects. Attend project meetings.
• Prepare correspondence and help to attain district, divisional and locality goals. Support the District VDOT and Locally Administered Projects programs towards achievement of established Dashboard goals.
We are a “Virginia Values Veterans” (V3) official certified company and state agency that provides hiring preference to Veterans and Members of the Virginia National Guard in support of Executive Order 29, (2010). If you are a Veteran or Virginia National Guard Member, we urge you to respond accordingly on your state application. VDOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit “Information for VDOT Employees and Applicants” at: http://www.virginiadot.org/jobs/.
We have Shared Values and a Code of Ethics. Your success in our organization depends upon modelling these values, therefore visit http://www.virginiadot.org/about/missionandvalues.asp to review them and, if in agreement, we welcome you to apply.
• Supervisory experience to include evaluating the work of others.
• Knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, technical aspects of transportation planning, programming, preliminary engineering, construction, project management and operations.
• Considerable knowledge of public policy and business practices as related to transportation issues.
• Considerable understanding of interrelationships between transportation project data, including phases, schedules, and estimates, and the SYIP, SSYPs, STIP, and TIPs, and federal strategy.
• Skill in the use of computers and software applications.
• Ability to analyze complex financial, numerical data and generate reports.
• Ability to proactively identify problems, facilitate solutions while representing VDOT, its transportation program in a positive and professional manner.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Considerable knowledge of Metropolitan Planning Organization policies and procedures as related to state and federal funding, federal obligations, funding transfers, and locally administered project invoicing.
• Knowledge of financial and project management systems.
• Combination of training, experience or education in business, finance, public administration, planning, or a related field.
Fingerprint based background check, references, work history, and DMV records will be verified prior to employment. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. H1B VISA Sponsorship is not available. Position is designated as essential to emergency operations and will be required to work outside normal work hours to ensure the safety of the traveling public. Telework options to be determined by manager according to business need and policy.
You will be provided a confirmation of receipt when your application and/or résumé is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your account to check the status of your application for this position.
State applications will only be accepted as submitted online by 11:55 pm on the closing date through the PageUp System. State applications submitted via email, postal mail, fax, or in person will not be considered. Applicants are expected to fully represent qualifications and work history on the State application and or resume. The decision to interview an applicant is based on the information provided on the application, therefore, it is essential to fully complete each section of the application and provide detailed information. Submitting an incomplete state application, or a state application lacking in detail, may impact your interview eligibility.
VDOT utilizes a market-based pay program, which has been approved by DHRM. Therefore, advertised rates of pay may or may not align with the Commonwealth pay bands.
Name: Jarita Taylor
In support of the Commonwealth’s commitment to inclusion, we are encouraging individuals with disabilities to apply through the Commonwealth Alternative Hiring Process. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to provide their Certificate of Disability (COD) provided by a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor within the Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS), or the Department for the Blind & Vision Impaired (DBVI). Veterans are encouraged to answer Veteran status questions and submit their disability documentation, if applicable, to DARS/DBVI to get their Certificate of Disability. If you need to get a Certificate of Disability, use this link: Career Pathways for Individuals with Disabilities, or call DARS at 800-552-5019, or DBVI at 800-622-2155.
Colonial Heights, VA USA
Colonial Heights, VA USA