The Superintendent will be a critical project team member responsible for proactively planning, overseeing, monitoring, and generally managing all activities on a construction site. This role will take ownership of their assigned construction project delivery, partnering with other project team members ensuring quality, safety, schedule, and budget standards are met.
Dedicated to The KNCC Experience; we bring our “A” game by rising to the challenge and doing the right thing. We are capable, caring, inspired and humble and focus on building a strong, vibrant future for every community we serve.
• Provide complete supervision of work crews on‐site including mentoring and training, management of foreman and their duties, ensure all employee have necessary resources, provide performance evaluations of field personnel, manage overall safety of the project and ensure all personnel have the proper tools and equipment.
• Manage site work and logistics of construction site and set up temporary facilities including all temporary utilities.
• Responsible for overall site safety to workers and visitors as well as managing compliance with established company safety policies and regulations as put forth by OSHA.
• Ensure all required materials, equipment, and inspections occur to support the project schedule.
• Work with the project teams to budget, forecast, and manage field personnel as well as management of labor, equipment, materials, tools, and other cost considerations.
• Track self‐perform productivity against estimate, update project team of issues hitting budget targets and develop plan for mitigating impacts to overall performance of the project.
• Manage self‐perform labor and verify efficiency, productivity and compliance with safety regulations and prevailing wage requirements.
• Prepare work plans and develop temporary facilities for the project.
• Understand, review, and manage project plans, specifications, and manufacturer's data and execute project based upon said documentation.
• Review construction documents for completeness and constructability and provide input for scope clarifications.
• Manage the overall project and 5‐week look ahead schedules, including creating the master schedule and updating it on a regular basis.
• Generate RFIs as required to ensure completeness of the project documents and identify any discrepancies.
Superintendent JD eff 11.1.21
• Review submittals for compliance with project manual and plans, manufacturer's recommendations and code, or other standards applicable to the system.
• Lead project teams to manage the company’s quality control program for the project.
• Conduct preconstruction planning.
• Participate, and lead when necessary, weekly owner, architect and contractor meetings.
• Conduct on‐site project meetings with subcontractors and construction trades lead personnel.
• Manage subcontractors for all work performed on‐site.
• Work with the project team to maintain relationships with owners, visitors, suppliers and project site neighbors as well as the surrounding community.
• Assist with business development, bidding, proposals and obtaining new work.
• Provide feedback on processes and procedures to aid in continuous development of the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management and/or 8-10 years of construction management experience preferred
• Proven successful leadership or supervisory role
• Must be confident/professional while conducting project interviews
• Advanced computer skills with MS Office Suite, MS Project and Bluebeam
• Experience with BIM/Navisworks/Autodesk is a plus
• Solid organization, written and verbal communication skills
• Efficient in time management, the ability to multi-task and adhere to/meet deadlines along with a strong attention to detail
• Proven presentation abilities, including the utilization of Power Point or Prezi
• Experience with financial and construction project management software: Sage 300 CRE and/or Procore
• Must have a strong customer-oriented approach (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor
• Current driver’s license and insurable driving record