About the Company:
Our client is a full-service EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) company for solar and solar + storage projects in the United States. The company brings technical savvy, a qualified professional labor force, an in-house engineering team, and an expansive fleet of equipment to the table, allowing it to serve the needs of its clients and deliver results efficiently.
About the Position:
Hiring for an experienced Senior Director of Civil Construction responsible for providing leadership to the Civil Construction team with your experience within mass grading, budgets, scheduling, and plans. The Vice President of Civil Construction will impart mentorship to the Civil Construction team and be passionate about helping develop their personal and professional growth within the industry.
Lead an enterprise-wide civil and erosion organization executing the civil construction scope of utility-scale solar plants. The civil construction scope is defined to include clearing and grubbing, site grading, installation and maintenance of erosion control devices, including retention basins, and final seeding and restoration.
This position will be in the Carolinas, with 25% of the travel involved to visit our project sites and various offices.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study is preferred.
• 15+ years of Heavy Civil Construction experience (emphasis on site work, mass grading, access roads, ECDs) with a proven track record of growth within the field.
• 5+ years in a supervisory capacity.
• 2+ years in a company management (i.e., non-project) role.
• High degree of knowledge in construction leadership principles and best practices, particularly with respect to safety, environmental protection, and quality.
• Experience in the Utility-Scale Solar industry.
• This is a hybrid role, preferably working out of our Charlotte, NC, or Fayetteville, NC office.
• 25-50% travel required to Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern states.