About the Company:
Exciting opportunity to join a well-established, high-growth, turnkey developer, EPC, and long-term owner of distributed generation solar projects. Based in the Southeast, but active in 22 states, the company was recently acquired by a top-tier private equity company to accelerate its transition to an Independent Power Producer (IPP). The company is seeking a forward-thinking and process-focused Vice President of EPC to manage the engineering, procurement and construction of the company’s robust and growing development pipeline comprised primarily of 1MW to 10MW projects while also managing the company’s opportunistic 3rd party, channel partner EPC business.
About the Position:
Hiring for a Vice President of EPC, responsible for overseeing and managing the end-to-end execution of company-developed distributed generation solar and BESS projects, as well as projects for a limited number of channel partners. You will lead a cross-functional team of professionals, including members from our engineering, pre-construction, operations, and commissioning team, and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including development, legal, project finance, and asset management, to ensure successful project delivery while maintaining the highest standards of quality, safety, and efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
• Proven experience in successfully managing EPC functions for renewable energy projects, including distributed generation solar and delivering projects within budget and on schedule.
• Demonstrated success in leading and managing multidisciplinary teams and complex projects.
• Expert knowledge of engineering principles, procurement processes, and construction methodologies and best practices related to renewable energy projects.
• Expert knowledge of project planning, scheduling, and budgeting processes and tools, including MS Project and Procore.
• Substantial experience with EPC subcontractor relationship management, contract negotiation, dispute resolution, and risk mitigation.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in project management platforms, including ProCore and MS Suite.
• Professional certifications in project management or relevant fields (e.g., PMP, PE) are desirable.