About Shiel Sexton
At Shiel Sexton We Build For People Who Expect More.
Shiel Sexton has a deep bench of resources with over 300 professionals specializing in all facets of the construction industry including: Project Management, Field Supervision, Green Building Expertise, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Safety Management and Quality Assurance. We have a passion for creating a great building experience which pushes us to an exceptional standard each day.
As a 100% employee-owned company, we understand that delivering exceptional results for our clients is a team effort driven by passionate people who are proud of the work they do. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse environment with wide ranging experience, knowledge, and strengths to promote collaborative teamwork where your voice will be heard. A company is only as great as its employees, and we believe our team is the greatest.
Project Superintendent II at Shiel Sexton
Project Superintendent II reports directly to the general superintendent. Primary responsibilities include managing all aspects of the on-site building process, safety control, schedule, and manpower allocation. The successful candidate will demonstrate an excellent ability to construct large-scale base buildings with strong communication and management skills that makes people want to follow you as a site leader.
Role Expectations and Competencies
- Complete ability to supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, inspections, and schedule, including interfacing with client representatives, A-E representative, other contractors, etc.
- Master ability to supervise craft employees and contractors, provide technical assistance with an advanced level of computer literacy, and other additional assignments.
- Demonstrates excellent ability to read blueprints, assemble phasing plans, project schedules, and plan and executive comprehensive logistics plans with excellent written and oral communication while exemplifying advanced financial awareness when making decisions that have financial impact.
- Excellent leadership skills to achieve results through people by planning, coordinating, and supervising on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site administrative staff).
- Proving superlative customer focus by assessing customer (internal and external) business needs such as assisting project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Ensure all on-site personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, and work rules. Utilize strong strategic thinking to Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective action as required.
- Proficient ability to accept accountability for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project, while upholding a proficient level of quality orientation in the working environment and exemplifying a results orientation mindset to achieve tangible results.
- Upholding adept integrity to represent Shiel Sexton to Owner, Subcontractors and all other external stakeholders.
- Deep understanding for complex building systems including earthwork, utilities, foundations and structural systems, building envelope, MEP installation, and finish work, while still showing advanced interest in continuous learning and strongly capable of initiative in relevant areas.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills by identifying complex problems and drawing realistic conclusions.
- Strong understanding of safety management practices and ability to build a safety culture on the jobsite.
- Has completed all assigned, required HR and Legal compliance courses on-time and by due date of assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years’ experience in commercial construction.
- Trade specific background or post-secondary education in construction related degree is preferred.
- OSHA 40 hour certified
- Ability to comprehend design documents and develop a work plan incorporating all aspects of the project.
- Proficient leadership skills to achieve results by planning, coordinating, and supervising on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control and may provide day-to-day direction of on-site craft personnel).
- Understanding of building systems including earthwork, utilities, foundations and structural systems, building envelope, fire protection, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience with computer-based management software programs such as Procore.
- Computer based knowledge Word, Excel and Outlook.
- BIM 360 and other 3-D coordination software a plus.
Personnel Management |40+ Hours/week |Dynamic work schedule dependent on project status |Working construction environment |Outdoor/Construction Site Work/Office setting |Moderate Safety Risk |Deadline Requirements |Delivery of accurate and completed project
Please note sponsorship and/or relocation are not available for this position.
Notice to Recruiters and Agencies: Shiel Sexton prefers to recruit candidates directly, rather than through a third-party recruiter or agency. Do not submit or present your candidate(s) through any means (e-mail, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral) to Shiel Sexton or any employee of Shiel Sexton. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or presented to Shiel Sexton by a recruiter or agency without a signed agreement in place for the specific position or without a specific open requisition, Shiel Sexton explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. To request consideration as a Recruiting Vendor, please contact our human resources department.